During the week I spent my evenings (and a few hours in the office) replying to all the direct EL8RI QSL cards that I'd received. There were MANY, but I have now finally finished all of them. The cards will be mailed when I get back to South Africa mid-July. Buro cards are the next batch to tackle. I need to look for a program that has a user friendly label generating function.
Last night was the first time that I've had a chance to get on the air since arriving back in Zambia on Monday.
I spent the first while checking the new station equipment (Icom IC-706, MFJ-949E Tuner) and writing down all the settings for the various bands, with my multi-band antenna.
Conditions seemed good, and I made about 90 QSO's on 12 and 15m CW. A shout on 17m SSB, yielded a contact there as well.
After a nice pile-up, I took a break for dinner, and then I decided to listen for my South African friends on SSB. The 20m band was closed though, so I'll try again over the weekend, earlier in the day.
I hope to keep this blog up to date regularly.
Have a good weekend.