Sunday, 31 July 2011

A new radio, and a new antenna.

Greetings blog followers!

I returned to Zambia last Monday, and brought my new Yaesu FT-950 with me, as well as an Off Centre Fed Dipole for 80-10m.

On Wednesday afternoon, after work, I took down the open wire fed dipole system, and got the OCFD in place. It seems to "hear" better than the old antenna, and with time, we'll see if the transmitted signals are any better.


The FT-950 is a LOT more complex than any of the other radios I've used in the last few years, and it will take a while to get used to all the settings, filters, menu system, etc, but it's a challenge I'm looking forward to.

The 9J2RI QSL cards have been received from the printers, and my manager has started answering the cards he's received.

Remember, the ONLY address for QSL cards is:

Chris de Beer, 9J2RI
P.O.Box 333
Bethlehem, GA 30620
USA

Please remember to include return postage, or an SASE if you are from the states. Buro cards will be answered once a years. I also upload LOTW every couple of weeks.

73 all.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment